The European Circuit is an organisation providing events, seminars and content for those with an interest in European Law. Our postal address is : 7 Stamford Street, Stalybridge, SK15 1JP.
The supervisory authority in relation to data protection legislation is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The details for this body are at the bottom of this document. Our ICO registration number is ZA229464. Our registered address is as above.
What information do I collect about you?
The data I collect from you will be personal data and may include:
- Postal address/addresses;
- Name of business / employer;
- Contact telephone number;
- Contact email address/email addresses;
- Areas of expertise/practice;
- Details of relevant industry or professional accreditations.
- Any other practice information you choose to upload to the Member Directory
Why do you process my information?
We process your data to:
- Facilitate bookings, subscriptions and payments;
- Inform you of events/content which may be of interest to you;
- Provide direct marketing;
- Provide training to committee members/ those who provide services to us;
- Produce internal reports in relation to events and members;
- Operate the European Circuit effectively.
- Maintain a Member Directory area where other members can view information you upload (you can opt out of sharing your details via the Member Directory at any time using the box on the Member Directory page here
Who do you collect my information from?
We will procure your data directly from you.
Lawful Bases for processing
We will only process your data in accordance with the lawful bases set out in Data Protection Legislation.
Specifically, we rely on the legitimate interests basis. The legitimate interests we rely on when processing your data are:
- For furthering knowledge and developing contacts between service providers from different European states;
- For operating the European Circuit effectively.
We also rely on your explicit consent for sharing with other members the optional data you include in your profile so long as you remain opted in to the Member Directory
Who do you share my data with?
We may share your data with members of the European Circuit, for example members of the committee who are responsible for organising events or seminars, and members who view the optional information you have uploaded to the Member Directory.
We may share information with outsourced services providers such as photocopying companies and digital dictation services, but this is pursuant to them confirming they are GDPR compliant via written contracts.
If required, we may share information with the HMRC and the VAT Commissioner as they require, or with others pursuant to a Court Order.
How is my data processed?
We risk assess our policies and procedures regularly in accordance with GDPR guidance and legislation. We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure that we secure personal data in a manner that takes account of the potential risks involved for your rights and interests.
How long will you retain my data for?
We will retain your data for five full years after the year in which you last provided information. For example, if you last provided information in 2018, it shall be retained until 2024. We shall destroy the data as soon as is reasonably practicable after this period.
We will also ensure that where such transfers are carried out they are done using secure methods that offer sufficient assurances and guarantees that your data is afforded the necessary safeguards to prevent it from accidental or unlawful loss, disclosure, access, alteration or destruction.
You can unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time by emailing [email protected] and stating “opt out”.
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights that you can exercise in certain circumstances and these are free of charge. We are committed to your rights to privacy. In summary you may have the right to:
- Ask for access to your personal information and any other supplementary information;
- Ask for correction of mistakes in your data or to complete missing information I hold on you;
- Ask for your personal information to be erased, in certain circumstances;
- Ask to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to me or have this information sent to a third party. This will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, e.g. a Word file;
- Object to the processing of data we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
- Restrict my processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be the subject to automated decision making which produces legal effects that concerns you or affects you in a significant way.
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioners’ Office on Individual Rights.
Who can I contact?
If you want to exercise any of the rights, then please use the contact details below. Please note that we may need to ask you to provide further information so you can be identified. Please provide a contact address so that you can be contacted to request further information to verify your identity. Please provide proof of your identity and address and state the right or rights that you wish to exercise.
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are in the UK, or with the supervisory authority of the Member State where you work, normally live, or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
Data Protection will be dealt with at first instance by the administrator of the Circuit.
Please contact the administrator by using of the methods below:
Email: [email protected]
Phone – 0161 304 4300
Post – 7 Stamford Street, Stalybridge, SK15 1JP
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on www.europeancircuit.com
Changes to this privacy note
This privacy noticed was published on the 25th of May 2018.