|We are pleased to announce the European Circuit’s next event is being held in Dublin and is entitled “Brexit – potential implications for the Border”
The Gaffney Room, Distillery Building, 145 – 151, Church Street, Dublin 7
This seminar will offer a platform for discussion about:
1. What would be the consequences of an international border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland – how could this hamper political progress?
2. Should Northern Ireland stay within the single market and the customs union – or at least commit to meet the regulatory standards for goods/services? Would such a commitment be counter to the Brexit concept?
3. What is the perspective of the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the EU on this issue?
4. Is there any solution?
These issues will be informed by the experiences of an eminent panel of speakers. The seminar will be chaired by Mr Justice David Barniville.
• Paul McGarry SC, Chairman of the Council of the Bar of Ireland
• Liam McCollum QC, Chairman of the Council of the Bar of Northern Ireland
• Hugh Mercer QC of Essex Court Chambers, London
• Margaret Gray BL, Bars of Ireland, Northern Ireland and England & Wales (Brick Court Chambers, London)
All are welcome to dine with the Circuit’s Committee and the speakers following the seminar at Marcel’s, 13 MErrion Row, Dublin 2 for 8.45pm.